Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ambrosia Frozen Dessert

Since Summer is almost here I am craving anything fruity......It couldn't possibly be because I am 32 weeks pregnant, could it? I always love to have some type of frozen treat to enjoy when we have been in the pool all day, working in the yard or just because I want something refreshing to snack on. So, I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes with all of you. It is light, creamy & fruity with a little zip to it. I call it "Frozen Ambrosia" because it reminds me a lot of ambrosia but without coconut. I haven't tried it with coconut but plan to in the near future. It is made with 4 simple ingredients that the majority of us have in our pantry & refrigerator at any given time.
 
(Sorry about terrible the photos......I am still learning to use this fancy camera that we have & I haven't had the time to build a photo box!)

Ingredients:
1 ~ 16 oz container of Cool Whip ~ Thawed
 ( I usually use sugar free but only had regular today!)
 
1 ~ 10 oz jar Maraschino Cherries without stems. 
My Walmart only had ones with the stems so I just removed them.
(You can use some other type of fruit but it will need to be a fruit that will produce 1/2 cup juice if crushed)
 
1 ~ 3 oz box of Fruit Fusion Jello
1 ~ 20 oz can of Crushed Pineapple in 100% juice
 
First, you want to put your crushed pineapple and Jello in a large mixing bowl. 
 
 Mix well......The Jello will not completely dissolve & that's okay. 
 

 Then you add the cherry juice.......Cut the cherries in half and add them and the Cool Whip to the Pineapple Jello mixture. Stir until ingredients are combined thoroughly. 

 Pour Mixture into a casserole dish or container(s) that can be put into the freezer. Smooth top and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 6-8 hours or until frozen completely. 

Remove from freezer and slice into 2" squared pieces & serve frozen. You can slice into smaller or larger pieces but I think that a 2" squared piece is just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and is plenty refreshing. It will start to soften quickly so do not let it sit out of the freezer for long, otherwise you will need to refreeze it. 

I hope that you enjoy this yummy refreshing dessert as much as my family and I do. This is really a dessert that we enjoy all year long, but especially in the Spring & Summer months. 

Be sure to check back soon. I am planning on making a Fresh Peach Dessert similar to this and will definitely be sharing the recipe!









No comments:

Post a Comment